Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event is the pro platform of Black Nights Film Festival and Baltic Event teams that offers one of the fastest growing audiovisual industry meetings in Northern Europe with more than 700 attending guests in 2016.
Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event take place on 27 November until 1 December, 2017.
Temporary webpage: industrytallinn.com (new web will launch in September)
This year, the Industry has launched a series of new events in connection with creative industries serving film production:
- Estonian EU Presidency Conference on audiovisual content, media, technology and policy, organised by the Estonian Ministry of Culture and co-curated by Industry@Tallinn, Estonian Film Institute, and European Commission on November 27-28, reflecting the latest discussions and debates on film policy, big & open data, technology & new forms of storytelling, etc.
- International scriptwriters competition and lab ScriptPool in collaboration with Telepool, Germany from November 27 to December 1;
- Screen Stars Tallinn presenting up-and- coming actors from the feature films selected to the Official Competition of Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival to producers and casting agencies from November 28 to 30;
- Fashion and film design show Black Nights Catwalk presenting Estonian production designers and participants of Screen Stars Tallinn on November 29;
- Masterclasses and showcase Music Meets Film (formerly Estonian Film Music Showcase) for regional composers and interpreters, featuring Kristjan Järvi’s and Maria Landia’s grand multimedia cantata on global economy, “Regular Crisis”, on December 1;
It will also return with traditional yet highly successful Works in Progress sessions presenting 26 films in production or post-production looking for sales agents, funds, festivals, and distribution in the International and Baltic Event categories on November 29 and 30;
Baltic Event Co-production Market, the largest co-production market in the Northeastern region since 2005, highlighting 16 feature films in development from the Baltics, Scandinavia, Central and Eastern Europe, Russia, Ukraine, and 2017 Focus Region, Flanders, Belgium, from November 29 to December 1;
Industry screenings of all the films holding world and international premieres in the competition programmes of Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival, recent Baltic films, and re- emerging Ukrainian cinema from November 17 to December 1;
Talent labs and pitches of European Genre Forum and POWR Baltic Stories Exchange on November 28 and 29, plus the third edition of Game Jam, held in partnership with IGDA Estonia, matching film teams with international game developers to create film-based games within a 48-hour challenge, to be presented in the framework of New Formats Day on December 1.